Heritage Steam Gala
A celebration of steam at Bressingham Steam Museum.
With the chnage in May Bank Holiday dates in 2020 we are pleased to announce that we will be hosting the 2020 Heritage Steam Gala on Friday 8th - Sunday 10th May.
The highlight of Bressingham's events calendar where there will be over 25 engines in steam each day over this special Bank Holiday Weekend!
The 2020 Gala will welcome 2 guest narrow gauge engines to Bressingham for the weekend. 2ft gauge locomotive 'Rishra' will be visiting from Leighton Buzzard Narrow Gauge Railway and 'Diana' will be visiting from the Amerton Railway.
The Heritage Steam Gala would not be complete without the popular Traction Engine Gathering. This year we are due to be joined by the following traction engines and steam rollers over weekend (provisional and more to be confirmed):
1. Burrell 6NHP Agricultural engine, built in 1904.
2. 'The Duchess' a Burrell 7nhp Traction engine built in 1912. Works No.3420 Reg. No. AH5607.
3. 'Oliver' Ruston and Hornsby general purpose traction engine built in 1920.
4. Garrett No.7 Single traction engine. Works No.32936. Reg No. ER603.
5. Youngs of Diss Portable steam engine.
6. 1928 Foden D Type Timber Tractor No. 13068 “Perseverance”. Reg. No. EU 3764.
7. 1921 Aveling and Porter E-Type Steam Roller works No. 10126, Reg FX8651.
8. Fowell & Co. Ltd, St Ives Huntingdonshire, No108, 8 NHP Single Cylinder traction engine, Built 1922. "Percy".
There will also be some miniature engines in steam too!
As Always Bressingham Steam Museum will be running all of its steamable collection throughout the weekend.
Norfolk Fire Museum will also be in attendance with a couple of their vintage fire engines too!
Please keep checking website for further updates .....